Pre-Crawlers & Crawlers
Starting February 6th
Child’Space® Method Classes
Learn to support your baby’s development and enhance parent-child interaction through touch and movement.
Child’Space lessons equip you with beneficial techniques to use throughout your daily life with your baby. Learn to touch and engage your child, to assist your baby’s movements, supporting his or her physical and cognitive development. Expand your options for connecting with your baby in meaningful ways that promote the emotional well-being of your child and of your relationship. Child’Space is for all babies, from newborns up to the walking stage, and can serve as an excellent form of early intervention when delays are present.
5-week series for parents with their…
PRE-CRAWLERS (ages 3 weeks and up) on Mondays, 9:30-10:25am, Feb 6 – Mar 13 (no class on Presidents’ Day, February 20)
CRAWLERS (not yet coming to standing) on Wednesdays, 11:30am-12:25pm, Feb 8 – Mar 8
$125 /5-week series or $30 /drop-in. An extra parent or caretaker may attend for $10 per session.
As your babies are discovering their new worlds, Child’Space can help you to support their investigation of themselves and their environments. Learn techniques to engage with your babies, feeding them with rich sensory information that helps their bodies and brains to grow, while developing their self-awareness, social engagement, and self-agency from the very beginning.
Parents’ questions will be encouraged and answers will be found collectively as we dialogue about development during babies’ first months. Topics such as making tummy time easy and enjoyable, how to help your baby to roll, when and how to introduce sitting, as well as colic reduction, self-soothing, and flat-head syndrome will be addressed according to the needs of the group.
Each lesson will provide you with a greater understanding of:
– what abilities are emerging for your child and where his or her efforts are leading.
– how to facilitate a healthy and vibrant progression through interaction and by setting up a developmentally appropriate environment.
– how to read your baby’s social cues to guide you as to when to help and when to leave space for your baby to explore independently.
– how to connect to enhance your relationship and to help your baby’s nervous system to regulate for optimal functioning.
Mondays from 9:30-10:25am on February 6, 13, 27, March 6 & 13, 2017
(no class on Presidents’ Day, February 20)
As your babies begin to navigate space, Child’Space can help you to support their investigation of themselves and their environments. Learn techniques to engage with your babies, feeding them with rich sensory information that helps their bodies and brains to grow, while establishing self-awareness, social receptivity, expressive abilities, and self-agency.
Parents’ questions will be encouraged and answers will be found collectively as we dialogue about development during these exciting months of increased activity. We will set up activities that encourage greater weight-shifting, balance, and coordination in crawling that prepare babies for coming to play at higher levels. Issues such as supporting motivation, managing hyper-activity (when crawlers are too excited to rest), how to play without exhausting yourself when your baby is on the move, and the use of jumpers and walkers will be addressed according to the needs of the group.
In these lessons you will learn to:
– set up a developmentally appropriate play-space to facilitate investigation.
– engage your baby’s growing social curiosity through interactive games.
– teach your child the building blocks of movement that will support increasingly complex locomotion.
– help to address your child’s frustration in the face of new challenges.
– build your repertoire of hands-on and hands-off techniques to encourage, to soothe, to reinforce all of the learning that is taking place, and to enhance your special bond with your child.
Wednesdays from 11:30am-12:25pm on February 8, 15, 22 , & March 8, 2017
Open to parents, grandparents, nannies, and other caretakers WITH their babies.
Please bring a receiving blanket for your child to play on on the floor. Padding will be provided. Adults should dress comfortably and children’s hands and feet should be accessible (no footed suits please).
About The Teacher
Natalie Bowers became certified in the Child’Space® Method in 2014. She has a professional background in contemporary dance and massage therapy that informs her approach, as well as longstanding interests in child development and education. In addition to the joy of working with babies, Natalie connects with Child’Space in particular because of the respect for children and their caretakers that is inherent in the method.